Viola Davis to Be Honored as Outstanding Performer of the Year at Santa Barbara Film Festival
The tribute is set to take place Jan. 27.
The Help’s Viola Davis will be hailed as Outstanding Performer of the Year at the Santa Barbara Film Festival at a tribute to be held Jan. 27.
Davis plays Aibileen Clark, an African-American maid in the drama, written and directed by Tate Taylor, set in Jackson, Mississippi during the 1960s. “It’s hard to imagine another performance this year that pierces your heart the way Viola does as Aibileen,” SBIFF executive director Roger Durling said.
Davis, who will also be seen in the upcoming Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, is already an Oscar nominee for her supporting performance in 2008’s Doubt.
The festival itself runs from Jan. 26 to Feb. 5.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR