'We Need to Talk About Kevin' Trailer: Tilda Swinton Struggles With Motherhood (Video)
Lynne Ramsay’s thriller opens on Dec. 9 to a limited release.
It seems as though everyone is talking about Lynne Ramsay’s We Need to Talk About Kevin.
The thriller has garnered plenty of festival buzz, most recently nabbing the honor of best film during this year’s BFI London Film Festival awards bash. Starring Tilda Swinton, John C. Reilly and Ezra Miller, the thriller is being heralded as one of Swinton’s best performances to date.
“Moviegoers seek out a film like Kevin for the experience of a top-flight director taking complete charge of a fractured, intricate narrative design and a top-flight actress at the peak of her game,” writes THR film critic Kirk Honeycutt.
In the adaptation of Lionel Shriver’s novel, obtained by Oscilloscope at Cannes, Swinton and Reilly play parents to a troubled young boy, Kevin (Miller). Swinton’s character Eva is forced to grapple with grief and guilt as she tries to understand how her child developed into a cold and cruel killer.
We Need to Talk About Kevin opens to a limited release on Dec. 9. Watch the trailer below.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
What's Hot In Awards
- LeBron James Stars In Emotional 'Re-Established' Ad For $200 Beats Headphones
- Jason Derulo Takes His "Talk Dirty" Party On The Road
- Rudy Giuliani, George Pataki And 2 Congressmen Plan Protest Of 'The Death of Klinghoffer' At Metropolitan Opera
- Paul Craft Dead At 76: Nashville Songwriter Inducted Into Hall Of Fame
- Patrick Dempsey Describes His Audition For 'Grey's Anatomy' & His First Read with Ellen Pompeo!
- Engaged Couple Robbie Amell & Italia Ricci Make It An Italian Dinner Date
- Ariana Grande & Rita Ora Glam Up Radio 1's Teen Awards 2014
- Heidi Klum & Boyfriend Vito Schnabel Show PDA After Her Divorce Finalized