'We Need to Talk About Kevin' Trailer: Tilda Swinton Struggles With Motherhood (Video)
Lynne Ramsay’s thriller opens on Dec. 9 to a limited release.
It seems as though everyone is talking about Lynne Ramsay’s We Need to Talk About Kevin.
The thriller has garnered plenty of festival buzz, most recently nabbing the honor of best film during this year’s BFI London Film Festival awards bash. Starring Tilda Swinton, John C. Reilly and Ezra Miller, the thriller is being heralded as one of Swinton’s best performances to date.
“Moviegoers seek out a film like Kevin for the experience of a top-flight director taking complete charge of a fractured, intricate narrative design and a top-flight actress at the peak of her game,” writes THR film critic Kirk Honeycutt.
In the adaptation of Lionel Shriver’s novel, obtained by Oscilloscope at Cannes, Swinton and Reilly play parents to a troubled young boy, Kevin (Miller). Swinton’s character Eva is forced to grapple with grief and guilt as she tries to understand how her child developed into a cold and cruel killer.
We Need to Talk About Kevin opens to a limited release on Dec. 9. Watch the trailer below.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR