'We Need to Talk About Kevin' Trailer: Tilda Swinton Struggles With Motherhood (Video)
Lynne Ramsay’s thriller opens on Dec. 9 to a limited release.
It seems as though everyone is talking about Lynne Ramsay’s We Need to Talk About Kevin.
The thriller has garnered plenty of festival buzz, most recently nabbing the honor of best film during this year’s BFI London Film Festival awards bash. Starring Tilda Swinton, John C. Reilly and Ezra Miller, the thriller is being heralded as one of Swinton’s best performances to date.
“Moviegoers seek out a film like Kevin for the experience of a top-flight director taking complete charge of a fractured, intricate narrative design and a top-flight actress at the peak of her game,” writes THR film critic Kirk Honeycutt.
In the adaptation of Lionel Shriver’s novel, obtained by Oscilloscope at Cannes, Swinton and Reilly play parents to a troubled young boy, Kevin (Miller). Swinton’s character Eva is forced to grapple with grief and guilt as she tries to understand how her child developed into a cold and cruel killer.
We Need to Talk About Kevin opens to a limited release on Dec. 9. Watch the trailer below.
Sundance: On the Scene
What's Hot In Awards
- The Fantastic Four Movie Seems Really Good All of a Sudden
- Vacation’s Chevy Chase and Beverly D’Angelo to Reunite for a Pilot With a Very Silly Name
- Frozen Duo Writing a Song for Neil Patrick Harris to Sing at the Oscars
- Sundance: Watch Robert Redford and Nick Nolte Get Ready to Hike in A Walk in the Woods
- Behati Prinsloo, Karlie Kloss & the Angels Star in Victoria's Secret Super Bowl 2015 Commercial - Watch Now!
- Mandy Moore Hinted at the Ryan Adams Split Before News Broke
- Tom Cruise Allegedly Wiretapped Nicole Kidman's Phone & More Revelations From Scientology Doc 'Going Clear'
- Former Hollywood Executive Cindra Ladd Accuses Bill Cosby of Rape in Powerful Essay