Writers Guild Paying Tribute to Nora Ephron at 2013 Awards
WGA East will honor the late screenwriter and author during the Feb. 17 ceremony.
Nora Ephron will be honored at Sunday's East Coast ceremony for the 2013 Writers Guild Awards.
The WGA East announced Wednesday that author Meg Wolitzer will lead the tribute to the late screenwriter, director, playwright, author and longtime guild member at New York City's B.B. King Blues Club.
"At this year’s Writers Guild Awards East Coast ceremony, we will mark the passing of one of our most distinguished and creative members," said WGA East president Michael Winship. "Nora Ephron’s life and body of work were those of a quintessential New Yorker, but not only did she embody the sophistication, wit and energy of our city, she was also a loyal union member who walked the picket line and talked the talk on behalf of all her fellow writers."
Ephron, whose biggest screenwriting credits include Silkwood, When Harry Met Sally ... and Sleepless in Seattle, died in June 2012 of complications resulting from leukemia. She received the WGA's Ian McClellan Hunter Award for her motion picture work in 2003.
The tribute is set to include video with clips of Ephron’s characteristic style from her many films and television interviews.
The West Coast iteration of the WGA Awards, also taking place Sunday, will be held at the JW Marriott at LA Live.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot In Awards
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'