Tim Goodman Reviews 'Bob's Burgers': Fox Series Serves Up a Bad First Course, But There's Potential
It's unwise -- and unnecessary -- to launch an animated sitcom on Fox that appears intent to ape the vulgarity quotient of Family Guy. For starters, what's to be gained there?
Family Guy has been doing that better and longer than most and it's one of the show's calling cards. Second, if you start out in your pilot making jokes about child molestation, autism and itchy crotches, it only makes you look desperate to please the network with something that "fits in" or, perhaps more accurately, reveals the weakness of the writing staff.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR