Beastly: Film Review
The best thing about this movie -- starring Alex Pettyfer, Vanessa Hudgens and Mary-Kate Olsen -- is that it's only 86 minutes long.
Beastly defies some serious odds in moviemaking in that just about every creative decision, with a couple of exceptions, has gone very wrong. Bad enough that its makers cravenly chase the gravy train of teen fantasy-melodrama that long ago pulled out of the station with the Twilight series. But the witless manner in which the film desperately searches for the right ideas and moods to convey teen angst is not a pretty sight.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR