Benda Bilili!: Film Review
In this disturbing and inspirational documentary, filmmakers Renaud Barret and Florent de la Tullaye focus on an amazing street band, the Staff Benda Bilili.
CANNES -- Four paraplegics and three "abled" men with homeade instruments make the sweetest music on the "meanest streets" in the Congo. A rousing depiction of unimaginable poverty and transcendent resolve, "Benda Bilili!," which loosely translates to "beyond appearances," should strike strong chords on the festival circuit and enthrall cable viewers.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR