Bengal Tiger at the Baghdad Zoo: Theater Review
Rajiv Joseph's play, directed by "The Laramie Project's" Moises Kaufman, takes place during the early days of the Iraq War.
NEW YORK -- Health issues forced Robin Williams to cancel a planned 2009 Broadway engagement of his standup tour, Weapons of Self Destruction. So it seems oddly fitting he should arrive instead in a fascinating role that combines profane comedy, war and existentialism. Think of him as Lenny Bruce meets Friedrich Nietzsche in the body of a man-eating predator.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR