Bereavement: Movie Review
Steven Mena’s sequel of sorts to the well-regarded “Malevolence” is more stylishly filmed than many others of its ilk, but at the end of the day, is just an ordinary slasher film.
Featuring enough gratuitous gore and half-nude female victims to satisfy the core horror audience, Bereavement offers little of interest to anyone else. Steven Mena’s sequel of sorts to his well regarded Malevolence is certainly more stylishly filmed and technically accomplished than many others of its ilk, but the final result is a reasonably ordinary slasher film.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR