Boxing Gym -- Film Review
CANNES -- Iconic documentary filmmaker Frederick Wiseman applies the same technique to pugilism in "Boxing Gym" as he did to ballet in "La Danse" last year but with considerably less impact.
Wiseman likes to set down his camera in a busy environment and capture what goes on, then edit the results into a coherent whole. But whereas the dancers seemed bent on artistic goals, there's no getting away from the fact that while some may call boxing the sweet science, it still comes down to punching someone in the face.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR