Burke and Hare: Film Review
5:16 PM PDT 10/28/2010 by Ray Bennett
LONDON -- The setting might be 19th century Scotland, but for his first feature in a decade, John Landis is back in the land of "The Stupids" with "Burke and Hare," a so-called black comedy that is more sort of dull, spotty and yucky.
Stars Simon Pegg and Andy Serkis, a cast of well-known U.K. faces and nostalgia for Landis' best work might attract early box-office returns, but dire word-of- mouth soon will undercut that promise.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Hot Movie Reviews
Social & Mobile