Tim Goodman's TV Review: 'The Cape' Is a Bad Batman Knock-Off
"The Cape" is being touted, or at least spun, as some kind of superhero series about a wrongfully disgraced cop who uses what amounts to smoke, mirrors and a cape to fight crime in a fictional city. But it sure seems more like a taunt to the lawyers for Batman to come and get the creators.
If it’s not Batman -- though it sure gives off the Batman vibe without any of the interesting parts – then what exactly is The Cape? It’s another misstep by NBC, for starters. But more importantly it’s a series that looks like a whole bunch of cooks decided to build the most creatively awesome and different kitchen imaginable, forgetting for a moment that none of them can really cook.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR