Colin Quinn Long Story Short: Theater Review
When a comparison between an ancient civilization and our own weighs Antigone on her knees, crying over the loss of her dead brother, against Snooki on her knees, crying over the loss of her cell phone, it's clear the profundity of our contemporary world will be found wanting.
"With all our progress, where's our progress?" Colin Quinn asks at the start of his 75-minute history of global empires, Long Story Short. But this expertly honed monologue is not the usual comic indictment of America's cultural cringe moments. Instead, it's a savvy socio-historical tour that zeroes in on the Achilles' heel of every once-mighty civilization, from cavemen onward.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR