The Company Men -- Film Review
5:41 PM PDT 10/14/2010 by Kirk Honeycutt
PARK CITY -- "The Company Men" looks at corporate downsizing squarely in the face that is, the faces of startled men, some still relatively young but others much older whose whole self-image crumbles in a matter of moments. American movies rarely catch the American male so nakedly powerless and shattered.
Writer-director John Wells, after a long career as a major force in television, brings the quiet muscle and energy of the small screen to the large one with this, his first feature as a director.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR