Concert Review: Justin Bieber Delights Devoted Crowd in Israel
The teen performs his hits one-by-one -- “Smile,” “Favorite Girl,” “Never Let You Go” -- to deafening cheer at Tel Aviv’s massive Hayarkon Park. Says THR music editor: "He had them at Shalom."
When it comes to the concert business in Israel, the country gives new meaning to the term “secondary market” -- as in, a good number of the foreign acts who agree to play there end up having second thoughts and canceling their gigs. Such was the case for Elvis Costello, who canceled two 2010 shows citing his "conscience," and the Pixies, who last year pulled the plug on a festival appearance after Israeli military fired heavily on a flotilla bound for Gaza. Macy Gray also debated a return trip to Tel Aviv, polling her Facebook fans for their take on Middle Eastern politics (she ultimately decided to honor her commitment).
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR