Concert Review: OMD at the Music Box
Music Box at the Fonda
(Friday, March 25)
Even 23 years on, LA's love of New Wave has yet to crest.
There are two kinds of so-called “eighties” artists: those who want to strike the decade from our collective memory, who might cringe when one of their hits comes on the supermarket PA, but still tour on the strength of those songs year in, year out. Then there are those for whom the eighties were so, in a word, awesome, that they have no problem admitting it (or allowing us to relive it) but also felt a need to break from it -- let the sounds of the decade stew, then come back strong.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR