Dead Set -- TV Review
Suppose flesh-eating zombies were everywhere, and the "Big Brother” house was one of the few — or maybe the only — place of refuge. Now there’s a dilemma. Would you cast your fate with the self-obsessed oddballs who were carefully selected for their propensity to bicker or would you take your chances with the zombies?
If you did choose to hole up inside the “Big Brother” house, how long do you think it would be before the artificial walls crumble and society — or the fun-house mirror version of it portrayed on reality shows — comes to an end? Those are some of the questions entertained by Charlie Brooker’s semiserious, semihumorous weeklong series, an odd mixture of parody and putrid violence that is neither as suspenseful nor as clever as it pretends to be.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR