Detective Dee and the Mystery of the Phantom Flame -- Film Review
10:21 PM PDT 10/14/2010 by Deborah Young
VENICE -- Tsui Hark's spectacular, much-awaited kung fu film "Detective Dee and the Mystery of the Phantom Flame," shot in China for a reported $13 million, is an appealing combo of classic Chinese martial arts and mystery unraveling wedded to modern production design and CGI work.
It will have special appeal for young video gamers and wuxia fans when it is released in China this month.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Hot Movie Reviews
Social & Mobile