Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules: Film Review
Unfortunately, this time the Wimpy Kid, somewhat offbeat and even witty in the original film, more than earns his name.
Whatever happened to the Wimpy Kid? A year after the original film surprised adults by being a kids’ movie with a degree of wit, a sequel arrives, Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules, that ispositively wimpy. The blame settles pretty evenly across all the force fields of a studio movie production — producers who evidently didn’t understand the success of the original, writers who rushed through a half-baked screenplay and a new director whose ham-fisted direction throws nearly every scene out of kilter.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR