Don't Be Afraid of the Dark -- Film Review
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia — Kids love the the Tooth Fairy for placing a goodly piece of coin under their pillows in exchange for their newly lost baby tooth. The Tooth Fairies in this dark horror fable, "Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark," are a greedier bunch –- they want those teeth before they fall out, and will do anything to get them.
These furious fairies will surely deliver a goodly piece of box-office coin for the distributor of this well-wrought film that has been shuttled and temporarily shelved in the wake of the Miramax sale. A well-crafted genre piece, Don't Be Afraid of the Dark won appreciative reception here at the Virginia Film Festival. The R-rated film should have a solid appeal to teens and young adults.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR