Driving Miss Daisy -- Theater Review
NEW YORK -- It won a Pulitzer and a best picture Academy Award for its film version, but "Driving Miss Daisy" inexplicably never has been produced on Broadway.
That's clearly an opportunity not to be missed by canny producers, not when it's such a beloved property and scene-stealing showcase for older actors -- thus the new Broadway production co-starring Vanessa Redgrave and James Earl Jones, with four-time Tony winner Boyd Gaines thrown in for extra insurance. The results are box-office catnip, with the production already racking up hefty weekly grosses.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR