FILM REVIEW: 'Certifiably Jonathan' Mockumentary Fails to Capture Jonathan Winters' Essence
Filmmaker Jim Pasternak's debut feature doesn't begin to inform the comedian's long-lasting success and impact.
With his debut documentary feature, filmmaker Jim Pasternak has clearly decided to attempt to emulate the free-associative, off-kilter humor pioneered by his subject, legendary comedian Jonathan Winters. Unfortunately, the mockumentary-style result proves a misshapen mess that hardly does justice to its man it purports to celebrate. Bound to disappoint diehard Winters fans while leaving the uninitiated baffled, Certifiably Jonathan doesn’t begin to fully suggest the range of the comedian’s brilliance and lasting influence.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR