Film Review: 'No Strings Attached' Is Cutesy, Nowhere Near Hot Enough
Predictable, cutesy and nowhere near hot-blooded enough for a story about two friends with benefits who can't keep their hands off one another, "No Strings Attached" just barely squeaks by due to its larky depiction of the management of a sex-by-appointment relationship.
In the sort of blandly mainstream romantic comedy she has generally avoided, Natalie Portman works overtime to keep the leaky ship afloat, but Ashton Kutcher can't be budged out of puppy dog mode. Date and girls' night out appeal is sufficient for Paramount to anticipate decent mid-winter box-office returns for this rosy-cheeked (and occasionally exposed-cheeked) R-rated romp.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR