First Hollywood Reporter Review by Tim Goodman: 'The Walking Dead'
If it wasn’t for the egregious amount of shoe-gazing vampires flooding pop culture these days — a combination of brooding sex, mopey teen displacement and lame attempts to be fang-tastic — the world might groan at the notion that zombies are back in vogue.
But AMC, which will launch the five-part series The Walking Dead on Halloween, has found in producer-director-writer Frank Darabont (The Shawshank Redemption) the perfect person to flesh out the popular graphic novels of Robert Kirkman.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Katy Perry's Grammy Nominations Night Includes 'Roar' Performance
- Album Of The Year Grammy Nominations: Kendrick Lamar and Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Among 2014 Honorees
- Keith Urban's Grammys Performance Of 'Ain't No Sunshine' Includes Appearance From Miguel
- Taylor Swift Grammy Nominations Night Includes Performance Of 'I Knew You Were Trouble'