Girl Meets Cowboy
10 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 14
New ideas for reality shows keep coming along. One of the latest can hardly look far-fetched in light of what has come before it -- take your pick, any network, any day of the week.
"Girl Meets Cowboy" is another dating challenge series, this one taking city girls out of their familiar environment and plopping them down smack dab in cowpoke territory -- in the wilds of a ranch, that is. Viewers find out whether the city girl has what it takes to rope in the cowboy of her dreams. If you don't mind seeing women as shallow and desperate to find a man and men as a hot ticket (something to work hard for), then the show will seem lots of fun and full of frolic.
In six hourlong episodes, four big-city women are taken to a Midwestern ranch to see if they're tough enough to catch on to the rustic life. The prize: one good-looking, kindhearted and courteous cowboy -- yes, the man of any girl's dreams. But the competition is stiff, consisting of corralling cattle, baling hay and cleaning manure out of the stables. No Barney's shopping allowed.
Will the best girl win? Will the win have been worth the effort? It will take a few weeks to tell, after the roses, the hot tubs and girls in their bikinis have worked their magic on a cowboy or two.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
- We Spent Half An Hour Talking To Allison Janney About 'Drop Dead Gorgeous'
- Here's How 'Modern Family' Star Eric Stonestreet Really Feels About That Emmy Snub
- 'American Horror Story' Leaked Call Sheet Signals Possible Return Of A Past Character
- New Visions on Romance: Hour of the Wolf Movie Review of I Origins & Mood Indigo
- Not Only is Zoe Saldana Pregnant, But She's Reportedly Expecting Twins!
- Nicole Kidman, Keith Urban, and Daughters Sunday & Faith Join Reba McEntire's 'Pray for Peace' Campaign (Video)
- Shia LaBeouf Arrives for Court, Is Working Out a Plea Deal for His Recent Arrest Charges
- Kelsey Grammer & Wife Kayte Welcome Newborn Son Gabriel!