Girl Walks Into a Bar: Film Review
"Entourage's" Carla Guigo and Emmanuelle Chriqui star in Sebastian Gutierrez's microscopic budgeted comedy which raises the bar for web-original content.
AUSTIN -- (Spotlight Premieres) The third of Sebastian Gutierrez's gynocentric ensemble comedies whose high-profile casts belie microscopic budgets, Girl Walks Into a Bar shows the writer/director solidifying a behind-the-camera M.O. that could earn him a cult following. Made specifically for YouTube and premiering there simultaneously with its SXSW debut, the picture raises the bar for web-original content -- plenty of online shorts match or exceed its yuk-factor, but Girl offers a combination of production value and sustained narrative rarely if ever deployed for free streaming.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR