Guzaarish -- Film Review
EMERYVILLE, Calif. — Filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansalihas always been willing to push viewers’ emotions as far as they can go to mixed results as his distinct storytelling and lavish visual style often veer toward the stagy and melodramatic. But his latest film, "Guzaarish (Request)," is restrained and powerful, moving the viewer with its poignancy from the very first frame.
Guzaarish may be mainstream Hindi cinema’s first film about mercy killing, but it’s also a film that is passionate and full of life. The pairing of Hrithik Roshanwith Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Bhansali’s devoted fan base are likely to drive impressive numbers to the box office.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR