The House of Blue Leaves: Review
Ben Stiller, Edie Falco and Jennifer Jason Leigh lead an ensemble cast in the David Cromer-directed play by John Guare.
NEW YORK – Ben Stiller and Edie Falco give affecting performances in The House of Blue Leaves, their characterizations freighted with a melancholy history of affection, friction and affliction. Their work is all the more admirable given the distancing nature of David Cromer’s unbalanced production, but John Guare’s play remains a strange and wonderful creation more than 40 years after it premiered.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR