All That I Love -- Film Review
1:50 PM PST 1/14/2011 by Michael Rechtshaffen
PALM SPRINGS -- You don't usually find the words "warm" and "lyrical" associated with punk rock, but filmmaker Jacek Borcuch proceeds to bring the seemingly contradictory elements together in "All That I Love," a Polish coming-of-age drama set against the political backdrop of the Solidarity movement circa 1981.
Graced by dynamic lead performances and spirited direction, this autobiographical film proves hard to resist even if it lacks the sort of rawness and restlessness that usually goes with the punk territory.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Hot Movie Reviews
Social & Mobile