Jennifer Aniston's 'Just Go With It' Review: 'Predictable, Overlong'
The predicable, overlong romantic farce has enough sass and sex appeal to appease fans of stars Adam Sandler and Jennifer Aniston -- plus an ace in the form of model-turned-actress Brooklyn Decker.
As thoroughly generic as its title, Just Go With It aims at two different constituencies, Adam Sandler’s rude-guy-humor fans and Jennifer Aniston rom-com loyalists and just partially hits both targets. Labored, repetitive and lacking a single moment of surprise in the course of its indulgent two hours, this Sony release nonetheless has one ace to play in the beauteous form of Brooklyn Decker, the slo-mo sight of whom striding out of the sea in a bikini during Super Bowl commercials last weekend no doubt guaranteed that guys won’t object too strenuously to this as a Valentine’s Day weekend date-night choice. Overall commercial outlook is very good.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR