Legend of the Fist: The Return of Chen Zhen: Film Review
"Legend of the Fist" is good fun, a popcorn movie of epic proportions for kung-fu fans.
VENICE -- Although one expects more from producer Gordon Chan and director Andrew Lau of the Infernal Affairs trilogy -- which Martin Scorsese remade into The Departed -- Legend of the Fist still is good fun, a popcorn movie of epic proportions for kung fu fans.
The film feels tailored to Western palates -- sure there's violence, but it's toned down by Hong Kong standards, and even the fighting is cut back.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR