The Minister (L’Exercise de l’Etat): Cannes 2011 Review
Belgian actor Olivier Gourmet gives a solid performance in director-screenwriter Pierre Schoeller's film.
CANNES -- At once intriguing and dense, disjointed and overwrought, The Minister (L’Exercise de l’Etat) reps a challenging second feature from writer-director Pierre Schoeller (Versailles), and one that doesn’t quite get all its ducks in a row. Anchored by Olivier Gourmet’s sharp performance as a French transports minister dealing with a multitude of sticky issues and stress-inducing scenarios, this episodic political yarn will tally up votes in Francophone territories, with a solid TV showing.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR