Parks and Recreation -- TV Review
The third season begins after cutbacks have left the department decimated for three months.
Leslie (Amy Poehler) goes to round up the troops (who have taken odd jobs during the work stoppage) and races them back to the office, only to find that the budget doesn't really allow them to do anything. So she tries to persuade state auditors Ben (Adam Scott) and Chris (Rob Lowe) to loosen the purse strings. Ben is dubious, but perfect-human Chris comes around with the help of sentimentality and the lure of Ann (Rashida Jones). Lowe's character is really beginning to jell, and he's outstanding in the second episode when Pawnee is overrun with the flu. If you've never believed Lowe can make you laugh out loud, pay attention to that episode.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR