Plastic Planet -- Film Review
12:09 PM PST 1/12/2011 by Frank Scheck
NEW YORK — You’d be well advised not to sneak that water bottle into the theater if you see "Plastic Planet." Because long before this impassioned documentary by Austrian/German filmmaker Werner Boote finishes unspooling, you’ll have thrown it away in disgust.
For the director, the subject is rather personal. His grandfather was an early plastics manufacturing executive, and delivered lengthy lectures -- shades of The Graduate -- extolling its virtues to his young grandson.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Hot Movie Reviews
Social & Mobile