Precious Life -- Film Review
Telluride, Colo. -- Shlomi Eldar's documentary Precious Life examines a theme that also illuminated several dramatic features shown at this year's Telluride Film Festival: It focuses on people trying to make a positive difference in societies dominated by chaos and destruction.
The hero here is an Israeli doctor, Raz Somech, working to save the life of a Palestinian baby born without a normal immune system. Another hero is the filmmaker. Eldar is a journalist based in Israel, and in making this film, he surely hoped to build more understanding among people who have been at war for decades. If the film is widely seen, he just might succeed. It will be shown on HBO next year and also will stir audiences at film festivals around the world.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR