The Prodigies: Cannes Review
Animated French thriller about traumatized child geniuses and their deadly mind-control games is definitely not for kids.
An intensely dark and violent addition to the recent slew of 3D animation flicks, French thriller The Prodigies will need to harness all of its superpowers to draw crowds to this Warner Bros. France summer release. Closer to R-rated anime than to family-friendly Pixar, this frenzied action tale, about traumatized child geniuses and their deadly mind-control games, may find that rape, suicide, shootouts and decapitation is better suited for ancillary than for a Sunday matinee.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR