Even the Rain (Tambien la Lluvia) -- Film Review
Palm Springs, Calif. -- The Oscar race for best foreign language film is one of the trickiest to predict. So far this year, there is no clear favorite, though many strong candidates. Spain’s entry, "Even the Rain," has a good chance to make the cut.
First of all, it has a bona fide movie star in Gael Garcia Bernal. It also has a strong social conscience that often appeals to the Academy’s liberal wing. Beyond that, its story about the unexpected perils of filmmaking will strike a chord with industry insiders.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR