The River Sorrow: Cannes 2011 Review
Intriguing premise of a police detective suspected of murdering scores of former lovers suffers from amateurish dialogue and Ray Liotta's listless performance.
CANNES -- Ray Liotta stars as a pudgy Seattle police detective who is trapped between a serial killer and his department in this murder thriller. Also featuring Christian Slater and Ving Rhames, The River Sorrow should dredge up some cable interest based on their recognizable names, but the film is a quagmire of lousy dialogue and inconsistent technical contributions.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR