Stopped on Track (Halt auf Freier Strecke): Cannes Review
Andreas Dresen's film, about a cancer victim, is a tough slog through the process of physical and mental deterioration.
As much as one may admire the effort taken to present death by brain cancer in a realistic, unsentimental and dignified manner in Andreas Dresen’s Stopped on Track (Halt auf Freier Strecke), the fact remains it’s still a movie about death by brain cancer. And at Christmas time to boot. Yes, you admire the movie but do you want to subject yourself to this when bad times, ill heath and death itself await us all?
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR