The Strokes: SXSW Concert Review
The New York Band performed at Austin's Auditorium Shores at South By Southwest.
AUSTIN -- Austin's Auditorium Shores -- a festival-like amphitheater by the lake that's by far South By Southwest's biggest venue, and the only one totally free and open to the general public -- was swarming with kids before The Strokes hit the stage. But that's not a derogatory reference to the teenagers in the audience (though there were plenty of those, too), but actual kids: four years old boys on their dad's shoulders. Seven year old girls holding hands with mom. Duos of pre-teens, braces locked, hopefully, eventually, able to retract themselves from each other.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR