SUNDANCE REVIEW: Cedar Rapids
2:03 PM PST 1/24/2011 by David Rooney
PARK CITY -– (Premieres) Ed Helms lands a sturdy showcase for his trademark awkwardness and nerdy charms in "Cedar Rapids," a kind of delayed coming-of-age comedy about a sheltered innocent that in many ways recalls "The 40-Year-Old Virgin," the big-screen breakout of Helms' co-star from "The Office," Steve Carell.
Set during an insurance sales convention in the Iowa burg of the title, Miguel Arteta's new film also has some of the flavor of Alexander Payne's Midwestern comedies.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Hot Movie Reviews
Social & Mobile