The Interrupters: Sundance Review
Steve James' arresting documentary could benefit even more from a multi-part television treatment.
PARK CITY — Sundance Film Festival, Documentary Premieres — An eye-opening account of efforts to end an epidemic of violence in Chicago, The Interrupters alternates between shocking glimpses of how bad things have gotten there and a surprisingly convincing optimism about new methods of addressing the problem. Fresh and urgent, it holds a strong appeal for viewers, though it's unclear exactly what the doc's venue should be.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR