Submarine: Film Review
Writer-director Richard Ayoade's feature debut is witty and quirky, with a gripping performance by Paddy Considine.
PARK CITY — Sundance Film Festival, Spotlight — A coming-of-age tale full of wit and panache, Submarine identifies strongly with its misfit hero but spreads its sympathies around as well. Not as pushily entertaining as some films of its type, it may not be a hit but should make a strong showing in theaters.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR