SUNDANCE REVIEW: The Lie
The tale of father who lies about his baby dying to get out of work combines subdued black comedy with a fresh take on familiar compromise-vs.-idealism angst.
PARK CITY -- Combining subdued black comedy with a fresh take on familiar compromise-vs.-idealism angst, The Lie gets laughs without sacrificing its fairly serious look at a marriage that could go either way. Likeably shaggy, it has arthouse appeal and a winning cast.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR