SUNDANCE REVIEW: 'Restless City' Is a Stunning Look at New York's West African Immigrant Community
An intense intense twist on the American Dream by director Andrew Dosunmu.
PARK CITY – A stunning slant on the Horatio Alger myth, Restless City focuses on Djibril, an immigrant from Senegal who's lived in Harlem for roughly four years. He dreams of being a musician but ekes out a living selling CDs on the street, mainly to fellow West African immigrants.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR