The Taqwacores -- Film Review
7:21 PM PDT 10/25/2010 by Frank Scheck
Shaky narrative style, broad characterizations undo film's effectiveness, though the concert sequence with West Coast Islamic punk bands will fascinate music connoisseurs.
Credit for originality must be given to Eyad Zahra's debut feature, The Taqwacores. After all, there aren't any other movies out there dealing with the Islamic punk-rock scene.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Hot Movie Reviews
Social & Mobile