FILM REVIEW: Leighton Meester, Minka Kelly Star in the Familiar, Unoriginal Tale ‘The Roommate’
The horror film, which also features “Twilight’s” Cam Gigandet, is directed by Christian E. Christiansen without any distinctive style.
The sort of tepid, seemingly made-for-television thriller that will appeal only to younger audiences to whom Single White Female might as well have been made in black-and-white, The Roommate is an all-too-familiar tale of a young woman increasingly terrorized by her psycho roomie. Managing nary a single original idea throughout its 93-minute running time, the film does benefit from a cast of sexy young TV stars who should attract the desired female teen demographic.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR