Treatment: Tribeca Review
Joshua Leonard plays an aspiring screenwriter who checks himself into rehab in the Tribeca film from directors Steven Schardt and Sean Nelson.
“It’s pure zeitgeist,” declares an aspiring screenwriter about his dream cinematic project in Treatment, the new comedy directed by Steven Schardt and Sean Nelson. The same, alas, cannot be said of this toothless satire -- receiving its world premiere at the Tribeca Film Festival -- which combines mumblecore aesthetics with self-reflexive navel gazing in an all too familiar comedic tale about wannabe filmmakers.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR