TV REVIEW: FX's Animated 'Archer' Kicks Off Second Season With One of Its Best Episodes
The politically incorrect gem features great writing and one of the best voice casts on TV, writes Tim Goodman.
When FX announced in 2009 that it was creating an animated comedy, it was a bit of a head-scratcher. This was a channel where every show it ever created was rated MA. And the executive branch at FX surely knew that animation works best in bunches and flounders as a one-show stand-alone. Even with snark galore, wouldn't Adult Swimbe the de facto first choice for the target audience? How was Archer, a kind of twisted James Bond-style premise, going to work?
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR