TV REVIEW: Ricky Gervais' 'An Idiot Abroad' Is a Constantly Hilarious Practical Joke
At times, it’s nearly impossible not to fall apart laughing, writes Tim Goodman.
For a lot of people, the next two sentences will be hysterically funny: Christ the Redeemer. And Karl Pilkington. If that reads like Latin to you, then it’s time to get acquainted with Ricky Gervais (he you should know from, say, all the headlines lately), Stephen Merchant (writer, producer and co-hort of Gervais for The Office and Extras) and, lastly, Pilkington. He’s a friend of theirs who got enormous attention during Gervais’ often brilliant, completely rambling podcasts.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR