Vidal Sassoon: The Movie: Review
The documentary is an entertaining and comprehensive account of the once-ubiquitous hairstylist's career, though it tends to overstate the importance of its subject.
NEW YORK -- Almost comically overconvinced of the importance of its subject -- one of its first sound bites suggests "it's impossible to overestimate his importance"; later interviewees describe his "epic level" creativity and compare his "war" against stodgy hairstyling trends to World War II -- Vidal Sassoon: The Movie is nonetheless entertaining and comprehensive in its account of the man's career.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR